Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand
At Roseberry Primary we aim to deliver a curriculum which:-
- is broad and balanced meeting the needs of all children allowing them to develop the skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes necessary to become confident and independent learners
- is inspiring, creative and challenging allowing for all learning styles and engaging for all pupils so that they can aim high and build the skills needed for their future lives
- is engaging and provides opportunities for learning beyond those of the children’s everyday experiences
- develops the whole child and promotes independent learning
- gives a continuity of educational experience in which progression is carefully planned
- is delivered through careful planning and is supported by on-going monitoring and assessment of children’s progress
- meets with the requirements of the National Curriculum, Governors and LA policies as well as enriching this with our school curriculum
- enables children to develop an awareness of self and sensitivity to others through moral, spiritual, cultural and social development
- is unique to the school therefore meeting the needs of the children and the community of the school
- is continually looking to the future, ensuing that new technologies are used effectively and our children are equipped to be citizens of the future
The Creative Curriculum has been organised through a ‘topic based’ approach which incorporates the key skills set out in the National Curriculum. Each year group develops a long term map which forms the basis of their curriculum including time where children are able to lead the direction of the curriculum.
At the start of each term, children are directly involved within the planning process of their topic – in a year group, therefore, two classes may be delivering the same topic but approaching it in different ways.
Links are made wherever possible with all subjects but some subjects or parts of subjects will be taught discretely eg phonics
Topics are enhanced through the provision of visits, visitors and exciting resources.
Please click on the link(s) below to download/view copies of Curriculum Maps:-
Key Stage 1 Lower Key Stage 2 Upper Key Stage 2
If you would like to view our long term maps for individual year groups, then access these from the links, below:
Long term map Early Years 2016 – 2017
Long Term Map Year 1 2016 – 2017 Long Term Map Year 2 2016 – 2017
Long Term Map Year 3 2016 – 2017 Long Term Map Year 4 2016 – 2017
Long Term Map Year 5 2016 – 2017 Long Term Map Year 6 2016 – 2017